|Talia al Ghul|
|Appeared in||The Dark Knight Rises|
|Actor|| Marion Cotillard|
- ""Innocence" is a strong word to throw around Gotham."
- ―Talia al Ghul [src]
Talia al Ghul was the daughter of Ra's al Ghul.
Talia and her mother were condemned to The Pit by her grandfather, in order to secure the release of her mercenary father, Ra's al Ghul. Bane protected Talia as a child in the prison and helped her escape, suffering injuries in the process that led to him wearing his inhaler, though Batman initially believed Bane to be Ra's lost child who escaped. Talia convinced Ra's to invade the prison to extract Bane, but Ra's excommunicated Bane from the League of Shadows, leading Talia to resent Ra's and distance herself from him.
After learning of her father's death, Talia assumes the alias Miranda Tate, and becomes a board member of Wayne Enterprises and earns Bruce Wayne's trust by feigning romantic affections towards him when in reality she was trying to gain access to his company's fusion reactor, which is turned into nuclear bomb powerful enough to destroy all of Gotham. Talia remains supportive towards Batman under her Tate persona, but finally reveals her true identity and her goal to destroy Gotham with the fusion bomb so she could complete her father's work. Talia was killed when Batman uses the Bat to force her van off the road so that he can transport the nuclear bomb away from Gotham into the ocean.
To be added
- Ra's al Ghul - Father.
- Bruce Wayne - Employer, love interest, and enemy.
- Bane - Friend and guardian.
Behind the scenes
- Joey King revealed her role in an interview, "disobeying" Christopher Nolan who ordered maximum secret on the movie's plot details.
- Before Marion Cotillard got the role, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz were considered to play Miranda Tate.
- Cotillard started filming two months after she gave birth to her son, Marcel.
- Leilah de Meza turned down the role of young Talia Al Ghul.
To be added