|Swamp Thing (film)|
|Producer:|| Benjamin Melniker|
Michael E. Uslan
|Release Date:||February 19, 1982|
|Running Time:||91 mins|
In the swamps of Louisiana, Dr. Alec Holland works with his sister Linda on a top-secret bio-engineering project to create a plant/human hybrid capable of thriving in extreme environments. Government agent Alice Cable arrives just as Holland makes a major breakthrough, and begins to develop feelings for him. However, a paramilitary group led the evil Dr. Arcane, who is obsessed with immortality, kills Linda while trying to steal the formula. Dr. Holland is covered in chemicals, caught on fire, and runs screaming in the swamp, presumably to die, but returns as a monstrously mutated plant creature. As the Swamp Thing, Holland battles Arcane's forces to protect Cable, and eventually takes on the mad doctor himself, who has also mutated from his incomplete understanding of the formula.
- Dick Durock as the Swamp Thing
- Louis Jourdan as Anton Arcane
- Adrienne Barbeau as Alice Cable
- Ray Wise as Alec Holland
- Nannette Brown as Linda Holland
- Don Knight as Harry Ritter
- Al Ruban as Charlie
- David Hess as Ferret
- Nicholas Worth as Bruno
- Reggie Batts as Jude
- Karen Price as Karen
- Mimi Craven as Arcane's Secretary
- Ben Bates as Arcane Monster
- Science transformed him into a monster. Love changed him even more!
- The comic book legend lives!
The film was shot in South Carolina.
|Swamp Thing Films|
|1980s series||Swamp Thing | The Return of Swamp Thing|
|Future||Swamp Thing (Reboot)|