|Producer:|| Charles Roven|
|Release Date:||August 5, 2016|
|Running Time:||123 mins|
Suicide Squad is the third film in the DC Extended Universe about a team of villains working for the government fighting the Enchantress and her brother Incubus.
In the aftermath of Superman's death, intelligence officer Amanda Waller assembles Task Force X, a team of dangerous criminals imprisoned at Belle Reve Prison consisting of elite hitman Deadshot, former psychiatrist Harley Quinn, pyrokinetic ex-gangster El Diablo, opportunistic thief Captain Boomerang, genetic mutation Killer Croc, and specialized assassin Slipknot. They are placed under command of Colonel Rick Flag to be used as disposable assets in high-risk missions for the United States government. Each member has a nano bomb implanted in their neck, designed to detonate should any member rebel or try to escape.
One of Waller's intended recruits is Flag's girlfriend Dr. June Moone, an archaeologist possessed by a witch-goddess known as the "Enchantress". Enchantress quickly turns on Waller, deciding to eradicate humankind with a mystical weapon for imprisoning her. She besieges Midway City by transforming its populace into a horde of monsters, and summons her brother to assist her. Waller then deploys the squad to extract a high-profile mark from Midway, which is reported to be under a terrorist attack.
Harley's homicidal lover, the Joker, finds out about her predicament and tortures Belle Reve Security Officer Griggs into leading him to the facility where the nano bombs are made. There, he blackmails one of the program's scientists into disabling Harley's bomb. On approach, the squad's helicopter is shot down, forcing them to proceed on foot to their target. Boomerang then convinces Slipknot that the bombs are a ruse to keep them in check. Slipknot attempts to escape and is killed via his nano bomb, while the squad is attacked by Enchantress' minions. They eventually manage to fight their way through to a safe room, where they learn that their mark is Waller herself, who is attempting to cover up her involvement in Enchantress' siege.
The squad escorts Waller to a rooftop for extraction, but the arriving helicopter has been hijacked by the Joker and his men, who open fire on the squad while Harley climbs aboard. The helicopter is shot down by Waller's men, however, and Harley jumps out while the Joker seemingly perishes in the explosion, after which Harley rejoins the squad. Alerted to Waller's whereabouts, Enchantress' minions arrive and kidnap her. Deadshot finds Waller's confidential files and learns the truth about Enchantress. Flag is then forced to confess the truth, causing the squad members to abandon him. With Waller compromised, Flag relieves the squad of the mission, but chooses to continue. Realizing they have an opportunity to prove themselves, they soon rejoin him and locate Enchantress at a partially-flooded subway station. Killer Croc and a group of Navy SEALs, led by Lieutenant GQ Edwards, go underwater to plant a bomb underneath her brother. El Diablo embraces his abilities and manages to hold Incubus down long enough for the bomb to detonate underneath, killing them both as well as Edwards.
The remaining squad members battle Enchantress together, but are ultimately defeated. Enchantress offers to fulfill their deepest desires in exchange for their allegiance, and Harley feigns interest in order to get close enough to cut out Enchantress's heart. Killer Croc then throws explosives into Enchantress' weapon and Deadshot shoots them, destroying the device. Flag takes Enchantress's heart and crushes it, finally freeing June from the curse. Waller, still alive, emerges, and the squad members are returned to Belle Reve with ten years off their sentences. All but Captain Boomerang are allowed special privileges. The Joker, who survived the crash, breaks into the penitentiary and reunites with Harley. In a mid-credits scene, Waller meets with Bruce Wayne, who agrees to protect her from the backlash of Enchantress's rampage in exchange for access to the government's files on the expanding metahuman community.
- Will Smith as Floyd Lawton/Deadshot
- Jared Leto as The Joker
- Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn
- Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag
- Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
- Jai Courtney as George Harkness/Captain Boomerang
- Jay Hernandez as Chato Santana/El Diablo
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Waylon Jones/Killer Croc
- Cara Delevingne as June Moone/Enchantress
- Karen Fukuhara as Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana
- Adam Beach as Christopher Weiss/Slipknot
- Ike Barinholtz as Griggs
- Scott Eastwood as GQ Edwards
- Alain Chanoine as Businessman/Incubus
- Jim Parrack as Jonny Frost
- Common as Monster T
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Alex Meraz as Gomez (Seal Team A)
- David Harbour as Dexter Tolliver
- Shailyn Pierre-Dixon as Zoe Lawton
- Corina Calderon as Grace Santana, Diablo's Wife
- Daniela Uruena as Diablo's Daughter
- Nicolas Uruena as Diablo's Son
- Kenneth Choi as Yakuza Boss
References to the broader DC Extended Universe
- Midway City appears.
- Arkham Asylum appears.
- Ace Chemicals appears.
- Gotham City appears.
- Superman is mentioned.
- Batman appears.
- The Flash appears.
- Aquaman appears in a photo.
- Doomsday is indirectly referenced.
- Footage of Superman's funeral is shown.
- The Falcone Building appears.
- A.R.G.U.S. is introduced.
- Maseo Yamashiro is mentioned.
- It is confirmed in the movie that Harley Quinn is involved in the murder of Robin with the Joker.
- The mid-credits scene suggests that Amanda Waller knows the identity of Batman.
The film was shot in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and with additional filming in Chicago, Illinois
Promotion and Filming
|DC Extended Universe|
|Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | The Flash | Aquaman | Shazam | Justice League: Part Two | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps|