To be added
Superman X (a clone of Superman from the 41st century) hints that someday, Brainiac 5 will be responsible for something terrible in the future.
Brainiac 5 begins to suffer data corruption as Imperiex intended from the start, becoming cold and unfeeling in the process. Once completely under his ancestor's influence during Brainiac 5 assumes a new form in homage to his ancestor and leaves the Legion to join Imperiex's army, taking command after killing Imperiex. Once overpowering the hivemind on his homeworld of Colu with his will, Brainiac 5 intends to bring "order" to the universe, destroying any who interfere. Thanks to Superman and Superman X, Brainiac 5 managed to regain control over himself and overpower his ancestor. In the process, Brainiac 5 becomes a pure organic being as he discards his robotic armor. To cope with this new state and his recent actions, Brainiac 5 leaves the Legion. The robotic parts, in turn, combine to form a new evil Brainiac.
- Twelfth Level Intelligence
- Super Strength
- Laser cannons
- Data transformation
- Superman - Friend and leader.
- Superman X - Friend and teammate.
- Brainiac - Ancestor.
- Cosmic Boy - Former leader and teammate.
- Lightning Lad - Friend and teammate.
- Saturn Girl - Friend and teammate.
- Bouncing Boy - Former leader, friend, and teammate.
- Phantom Girl - Friend and teammate.
- Timber Wolf - Friend and teammate.
- Shrinking Violet - Friend, teammate, and possible love interest.
- Controller - Enemy.
- Imperiex - Enemy.