|Justice League Dark|
|Writer(s):|| J.M. DeMatteis|
|Release Date:||January 24, 2017|
Justice League Dark is the ninth Justice League animated film. It was released on January 24, 2017.
When innocent civilians begin committing unthinkable crimes across Metropolis, Gotham City and beyond, Batman must call upon mystical counterparts to eradicate this demonic threat to the planet. Enter Justice League Dark, reluctantly led by the Hellblazer himself, John Constantine. Like Batman, Constantine is a cunning, often cynical loner who is the best at his chosen profession – but quickly realizes the sinister forces plaguing the planet will require help from other supernatural alliances. Forming a new “league” with sorceress Zatanna, otherworldly Deadman, and Jason Blood and his powerful alter ego Etrigan the Demon, this team of Dark Arts specialists must unravel the mystery of Earth’s supernatural plague and contend with the rising, powerful villainous forces behind the siege – before it’s too late for all of mankind.
- Matt Ryan as John Constantine
- Jason O'Mara as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Camilla Luddington as Zatanna
- Nicholas Turturro as Deadman
- Ray Chase as Jason Blood/Etrigan
- Roger R. Cross as Alec Holland/Swamp Thing and John Stewart/Green Lantern
- Colleen Villard as Black Orchid
- Enrico Colantoni as Felix Faust
- Jerry O'Connell as Clark Kent/Superman
- Alfred Molina as Destiny
- Rosario Dawson as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Jeremy Davis as Richie Simpson
- J.B. Blanc as Abnegazar
- Jeffrey Vincent Parise as Rath
- Fred Tatasciore as Ghast
To be added
To be added
- The team will consist of John Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, Swamp Thing, Etrigan the Demon and Black Orchid. Batman will aid the team but won't be a member.
- Guillermo del Toro has been producing (and originally directing) a previous live-action adaptation of the Justice League Dark comic book under the working title of Dark Universe. The animated film is based on an old script for Dark Universe.
- The animated film will be part of the DC Animated Film Universe established by Justice League: War.
- John Constantine's character design was originally based on the performer Sting.
- Matt Ryan previously played John Constantine in Constantine and Arrow.
- First DC Universe animated film to feature the character of Swamp Thing.
- The animated movie is based on the Justice League Dark comic book published by DC Comics.
- Green Lantern John Stewart will make his first appearance in a DC Universe Animated Movies.
- With the introduction of Justice League Dark, the main Justice League roster will expand with Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and John Stewart/Green Lantern as official members.