|Appeared in||The Dark Knight Rises|
- "Not a lot of people know what it feels like to be angry, in your bones. I mean, they understand, foster parents, everybody understands, for awhile. Then they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can't do, move on. So after awhile they stop understanding. They send the angry kid to a boys home. I figured it out too late. You gotta learn to hide the anger, practice smiling in the mirror. It's like putting on a mask."
- ―Robin Blake[src]
Robin John Blake is part of the Gotham City Police Department.
The Dark Knight Rises
Robin John Blake grew up in Gotham. He became an orphan when his mother was killed in a car crash and his father was murdered in a gambling related dispute. He was raised in an Orphanage sponsored by the Wayne Foundation. After becoming a cop, he independently sought out and discovered the identity of Batman, becoming one of his allies.
To be added
Behind the scenes
- Before Joseph Gordon-Levitt was cast as Blake, Leonardo DiCaprio, James Holzier, Ryan Gosling, and Mark Ruffalo were considered to play John Blake.
- John Blake looks like he is in good physical condtion. He knows some martial art moves and detective skills which makes him a perfect fit for the new Batman, Robin, or Nightwing vigilante crime-fighter at the end of the movie when he enters the bat-cave.
- Before being revealed as John Blake, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was being rumored for The Riddler, The Joker, Black Mask, and Alberto Falcone.
- Blake's first name, Robin, is an obvious nod to the character from the comics.