Trivia about Green Lantern: Emerald Knights.
- Nathan Fillion provides the voice of Hal Jordan. Fillion was the "star" of a popular homemade fan video that was designed as a fake trailer for a live-action Green Lantern film.
- Arisia, the teen-aged Green Lantern, is named after the home of the powerful race that supplies "Lenses" to the Galactic Patrol in E.E. "Doc" Smith's "Lensman" books. The Green Lantern comic was heavily influenced by the "Lensman" books.
- At the end of the film Hal Jordan tells Arisia he will tell her the story of an adventure where the only backup he had was a squirrel. This is a reference to Ch'p, the squirrel-like Green Lantern from the comic book series who appears in background shots in this film.
- The Broome-Kane star cluster to which the Guardians are moving important artifacts is a homage to John Broome and Gil Kane - the writer/artist team that introduced the Hal Jordan Green Lantern to DC in the 1960s.
- Two of the segments are based on the stories of Alan Moore: "Mogo Doesn't Socialize" and "Tygers". Only the illustrators, Dave Gibbons and Kevin O'Neil receive screen credit for the original work, as was the case for Gibbons on the screen adaptation of Watchmen. This is because Moore, displeased by earlier adaptations of his stories, now typically refuses to be credited for subsequent ones.