|Alias(es)|| Wonder Woman|
|Appeared in|| Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
Wonder Woman 1984
- "A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind. A century full of horrors. Mankind made a world where standing together is impossible."
- ―Diana Prince to Bruce Wayne[src]
Diana of Themyscira, simply known as Diana Prince, is the princess of the Amazons. She is also the superheroine known as Wonder Woman.
- "I used to want to save the world, this beautiful place. But the closer you get, the more you see the great darkness within. I learned this the hard way, a long time ago."
- ―Diana Prince[src]
To be added
"The world’s first and foremost female Super Hero, Wonder Woman at once embodies the unrivaled force and supreme grace of a born warrior, and the genuine compassion and understanding of a true humanitarian. As a symbol of equality, power, and truth, her natural confidence and unmistakable intelligence make her an unequaled, if unexpected, ally.
The immortal Amazonian Princess Diana keeps her eyes and ears open for intrigue as the beautiful and mysterious antiquities dealer, Diana Prince."
Wonder Woman Bookends
- "I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then, I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. The choice each must make for themselves - something no hero will ever defeat. And now, I know... that only love can truly save the world. So I stay. I fight, and I give... for the world I know can be. This is my mission now. Forever."
- ―Diana Prince[src]
- "People said the Age of Heroes would never come again."
- ―Diana Prince[src]
At the end of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Diana is revealed to have disparaging views regarding "mankind".
Powers and Abilities
- Amazon-Demigoddess Physiology: As the daughter of Zeus, Diana possesses various inhuman feats; such as superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, agility, leaping, durability, senses, etc.
- Superhuman Strength: Diana possesses immense level of superhuman strength, makes her the second strongest member of the Justice League; second only to Superman. She is capable of holding her own against Doomsday, and restraining him.
- Immortality: Diana is immortal and never ages, allowing her to remain the appearance of a woman in her prime.
- Invulnerability: Diana's durability is almost on par with that of Superman, allowing her to take blows from Doomsday.
- Telekinesis: After the death of Steve Trevor, Diana began displaying telekinetic abilities.
- Power Absorption: While fighting Ares, Diana displayed the ability to absorb the lightning he blasted at her.
- Electrokinesis: After absorbing Ares' lightning, Diana was able to blast it back at him, destroying Ares.
- Master Swordswoman: Diana is a highly skilled swordswoman.
- Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Diana is an extremely skilled and formidable hand-to-hand combatant, a master of uniquely Amazon martial arts, as well as an expert in most types of Amazon weapons with centuries of combat experience.
- Lasso of Hestia: Diana uses the Lasso of Hestia to restrain her opponents, however, it cannot restrain extremely powerful super-powered individuals such as; Doomsday and Superman respectively for very long. Diana can also use the lasso to force her opponents to speak the truth; even if they do not want to.
- Bracelets of Submission Diana wears specialized gauntlets to absorb various forms of energy and release it into an energy wave.
- Sword of Athena: Diana can proficiently wield the Sword of Athena in battle.
- Wonder Woman armor: Diana wears protective armor as her super-heroine alter-ego, Wonder Woman, to protect herself from her enemies in battle.
- Godkiller Diana can proficiently wield the Godkiller in battle, Diana continued to wielded the Godkiller; until it was destroyed by Ares.
- Zeus - Father; deceased.
- Hippolyta - Mother.
- Antiope - Aunt; deceased.
- Ares - Paternal half-brother and enemy; deceased.
- Justice League
- Victor Stone/Cyborg - Ally and teammate.
- Steve Trevor - Ally and lover; deceased.
- Charlie - Ally; deceased.
- Chief Napi - Ally; deceased.
- Sameer - Ally, deceased.
- Etta Candy - Ally; deceased.
- Lois Lane- Ally and savior.
- Alfred Pennyworth - Ally.
- James Gordon - Ally.
- Lex Luthor - Enemy.
- Erich Ludendorff - Enemy and victim; deceased.
- Doomsday - Enemy; deceased.
- Steppenwolf - Enemy.
- Christopher Weiss - Enemy; deceased.
- DC Extended Universe (4 films)
Behind the scenes
- Zack Snyder commented on the casting, stating that "Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.
- Before Gal Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman, Jaimie Alexander, Olga Kurylenko and Elodie Yung auditioned for the role of Wonder Woman.
- Gadot is the first non-American actress to perform as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman and the first actress to portray her in any live action theatrical film.
- Gadot trained in kung fu, kickboxing, swords, Brazilian Jujitsu for her role.
- Gal Gadot was confirmed to play Diana on December 4, 2013. She is the first actress to portray Diana Prince/Wonder Woman in theatrical films. Lynda Carter only performed the role for television.
- Diana is over 5000 years old, making her the oldest member of the Justice League.
- Diana is right-handed.
- It is confirmed that Diana is in fact immortal, capable of living for eternity without visibly aging.
- Diana was never given or called Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Wonder Woman.