|Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
|Producer(s):|| Charles Roven|
|Writer(s):|| Zack Snyder|
|Expected Release:||March 25, 2016|
Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Henry Cavill as Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Laurence Fishburne as Perry White
- Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth
- Holly Hunter as Senator Finch
- Gal Gadot as Diana of Themyscira/Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves
- Callan Mulvey as a to-be-confirmed character
- Scoot McNairy as a to-be-confirmed character
- Jena Malone as a to-be-confirmed character
- Ray Fisher as Victor Stone/Cyborg
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman
- Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Christina Wren as Carrie Farris
- Harry Lennix as General Swanwick
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne
- Lauren Cohan as Martha Wayne
- To-be-confirmed actor as Doomsday
References to the broader DC Extended Universe
- Bruce Wayne/Batman is introduced.
- Lex Luthor is introduced.
- Diana Prince/Wonder Woman is introduced.
- A Riddler question mark is seen graffitied on a pillar.
- The Joker is mentioned.
- Doomsday is introduced.
- Thomas and Martha Wayne are introduced.
Four days before Man of Steel's release, it was announced that Zack Snyder, David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan would return to their respective roles—director, screenwriter, and executive producer (albeit in a lesser role than in the previous film), for a Man of Steel sequel. Goyer had previously signed a three-film deal with Warner Bros. Pictures for Man of Steel, its sequel, and a Justice League film featuring Superman. The movie was officially announced at the San Diego Comic-Con on July 20, 2013. The film is set for a 2016 release and will feature Superman and Batman meeting for the first time in a cinematic format, with most of the first film's main cast set to return, while a new actor will be chosen to play Batman. Two tentative titles for the new film, Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman, were suggested by Goyer during the Superman 75th Anniversary Panel at Comic-Con. Filming will start sometime in 2014 in Toronto, Ontario instead of Vancouver. On August 23, 2013, Hollywood Reporter announced that Warner Bros. Pictures cast Ben Affleck as Batman. On December 4, 2013 it was announced that Gal Gadot had joined the cast as Wonder Woman.
On May 21, 2014 it was announced that the film would be called Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Ben Affleck (Bruce Wayne/Batman) and Diane Lane (Martha Kent) both appeared in "Hollywoodland", where Affleck portrayed George Reeves, the actor best known for playing Superman on television.
- Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Matthew Goode, Richard Armitage, Max Martini, Armie Hammer, Jensen Ackles and Joe Manganiello were considered to play Batman before Ben Affleck was cast.
- Ben Affleck began working out two hours a day daily the very next day after he was cast as Batman, to get ready for the role.
- This is the second superhero film that Ben Affleck has played a starring role. The first was as Matt Murdock/Daredevil in the film "Daredevil". Similar to Batman, Daredevil was also a martial artist and was driven to crime-fighting due to the death of a family member.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Batman V. Superman: Bruce Wayne Nightmare, Flash Cameo Reportedly Confirmed
- ↑ Batman v Superman - Official Trailer 2 [HD]
- ↑ ‘Man Of Steel’ Sequel Underway With Zack Snyder And David S. Goyer
- ↑ Comic-Con 2013: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’
- ↑ Superman & Batman Film Set for Comic-Con Reveal
- ↑ Next Superman Movie Likely Called ‘Batman vs. Superman’
- ↑ MAN OF STEEL 2 PRODUCTION DEPARTS VANCOUVER FOR TORONTO
- ↑ Ben Affleck Is Batman for 'Man of Steel' Sequel
|DC Cinematic Universe|
|Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League: Part One | The Flash | Aquaman | Shazam! | Justice League: Part Two | Cyborg | Green Lantern|
|Serials||Superman: The Serial | Atom Man vs. Superman|
|1950s films||Superman and the Mole Men|
|Donner/ Lester/ Furie series||Superman: The Movie | Superman II | Superman III | Superman IV: The Quest for Peace|
|Singer series||Superman Returns|
|DC Cinematic Universe||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
|Spin-offs||Supergirl | Steel|
|Serials||Batman | Batman and Robin|
|Martinson series||Batman (1966)|
|Burton/Schumacher series||Batman | Batman Returns | Batman Forever | Batman & Robin|
|Nolan series||Batman Begins | The Dark Knight | The Dark Knight Rises|
|Upcoming films||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Batman (Reboot)|