|Alias(es)||God of War|
|Appeared in||Wonder Woman|
Ares was the God of War and the sworn enemy of Wonder Woman.
Once the lover of Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons, Ares eventually waged war against the Amazon's in a bid for total control. After an epic battle on Themiscrya, which led to the death of Hippolyta and Ares own son, Ares was bound in shackles by Hera and Zeus and made to live his life in prison on the island.
Years later, Ares would escape with the help of an Amazon he would turn, Persephone, and go on a quest to free himself of the shackles by visiting Hades. Once free of the shackles, Ares attempted to once again wipe out the Amazon race, but ultimately failed when he was beheaded by princess Diana.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Greek God Physiology: Ares was the son of Zeus, therefore he was powerful by human standards.
- Superhuman Strength: Ares ahs incredible amants of strength, but it increases the more necrotic energies he absorbs.
- Superhuman Durability: Ares was extremely durable. This increases with the more Necrotic energy he absorbs.
- Superhuman Stamina: Greek Gods have superhuman muscle stature and therefore has a lower fatigue rate.
- Immortality: Greek Gods are impervious to a natural death.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: The Greek God's can heal at a superhuman rate, but cannot regenerate from decapitation.
- War Manipulation: This power comes naturally due to his status as the God of War.
- Necromancy: Ares had control over necromancy and energies related to the dead.
- Reanimation: Ares was abel to reanimate deceased Amazonian into his solders.
- Necrotic Empowerment: Ares absorbs necrotic energies which increase his power and size.
- Manipulation: Ares was able to manipulate an Amazonian into releasing him by using her needs for a man and a family into his advantage.
- Master Martial Artist: Ares was a highly martial artist.
- Master Swordsman: Ares was a highly skilled swordsman.
- Animated Canon (1 film)