|Alias(es)||God of War|
|Appeared in||Wonder Woman|
Ares is the God of War and the sworn enemy of Wonder Woman.
Once the lover of Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons, Ares eventually waged war against the Amazon's in a bid for total control. After an epic battle on Themiscrya, which led to the death of Hippolyta and Ares own son, Ares was bound in shackles by Hera and Zeus and made to live his life in prison on the island.
Years later, Ares would escape with the help of an Amazon he would turn, Persephone, and go on a quest to free himself of the shackles by visiting Hades. Once free of the shackles, Ares attempted to once again wipe out the Amazon race, but ultimately failed when he was beheaded by Princess Diana.
- Greek God Physiology: He is the Son of Zeus, therefore he is powerful by human standards.
- Superhuman Strength: He ahs incredible amants of strength, but it increases the more necrotic energies he absorbs.
- Superhuman Durability: He is extremely durable. This increases with the more Necrotic energy he absorbs.
- Superhuman Stamina: Greek Gods have superhuman muscle stature and therefore has a lower fatigue rate.
- Immortality: Greek Gods are impervious to a natural death.
- Healing Factor: The Greek God's can heal at a superhuman rate, but cannot regenerate from decapitation.
- War Manipulation: This power comes naturally due to his status as the God of War.
- Necromancy: He has control over necromancy and energies related to the dead.
- Reanimation: He was abel to reanimate deceased Amazonian into his solders.
- Necrotic Empowerment: He absorbs necrotic energies which increase his power and size.
- Manipulation: He was able to manipulate an Amazonian into releasing him by using her needs for a man and a family into his advantage.
- Martial Artist: He is a highly skilled swordsman