|Producer(s):|| Peter Safran|
|Writer(s):|| Screenplay by:|
David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick
|Expected Release:||December 21, 2018|
"Aquaman” will center on Aquaman as a reluctant ruler of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis who is caught between land dwellers that are always polluting the globe and his own people who are ready to invade the surface.
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman
- Otis Dhanji as young Arthur Curry
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko
- Patrick Wilson as Orm/Ocean Master
- Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane/Black Manta
- Nicole Kidman as Atlanna
- Temuera Morrison as Thomas Curry
- Ludi Lin as Murk
- Randall Park as Stephen Shin
- Michael Beach as Jesse Kane
- Djimon Hounsou as Fisherman King
- Natalia Safran as Fisherman Queen
- Sophia Forrest as Fisherman Princess
- Graham McTavish as a to-be-confirmed character
References to the broader DC Extended UniverseEdit
- Arthur Curry/Aquaman appears.
- Mera appears.
- Orm/Ocean Master is introduced.
- Atlanna is introduced.
- David Kane/Black Manta is introduced.
- Nuidis Vulko is introduced.
- Thomas Curry is introduced.
- King Nereus is introduced.
- Murk is introduced.
- Stephen Shin is introduced.
- Jesse Kane is introduced.
- Fisherman King is introduced.
- Fisherman Queen is introduced.
- Fisherman Princess is introduced.
- Home is Calling.
- The fate of two worlds lies with one hero.
- He's Not From Around Here.
Sunrise Entertainment's producers Alan and Peter Riche are devoloping Aquaman to the big screen for Warner Bros. Pictures. Ben Grant, a first time scribe, was hired to write the screenplay.  However the film fell through. In 2007 Santiago Cabrera was cast as Aquaman in its upcoming JLA film. However, later in the year the movie was shelved. In July 2009 it was reported that Aquaman is in development at Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way. Warner chairman and CEO Barry Meyer says that the Aquaman film is in development. 
It was announced on August 12, 2014 that Warner Bros. had hired screenwriters Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad to pen two separate scripts for an upcoming Aquaman film. The film is being developed on dual tracks, meaning that two scripts will be written, one by Beall and one by Johnstad, but only the best version will move forward.  It was announced that Aquaman will be released in 2018 as the seventh installment of the DC Extended Universe, with Jason Momoa starring.
On January 22, 2015, Variety The studio was looking at Jeff Nichols and Noam Murro to direct the film. On April 10, 2015, The Hollywod Reporter announced that James Wan is being considered to direct the film. On June 3, 2015, Deadline reported that Wan has signed on to direct the film and will oversee script duties with Johnstad. On November 12, 2015, The Hollywood Reporter reported that David Leslie Johnson will be writing the film's script. In January 2016, Variety reported that Amber Heard is in talks for the role of Mera in this film and the two part Justice League film. Months later, Heard was confirmed to Entertainment Tonight that she will be portraying Mera. It was announced that the film will be set after Justice League and it won't be an origin story. Wan also stated in a interview that he choose directing the film over The Flash. On July 22, 2016, The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Will Beall will be writing the film, based on the story treatment from James Wan and Geoff Johns. On August 10, 2016, The Wrap reported that Black Manta will be the film's main antagonist.
Pre-production said to start before Christmas of 2016 In Queensland, Australia where filming will begin in 2017.  Filming officially began on May 2nd, 2017, in Villiage Roadshow, Australia, with Don Burgess serving as cinematographer for the film, which is filmed under the working title Ahab. Filming will go from Australia, to Newfoundland, Sicily, and Tunisia.
- The project was announced on October 15, 2014 with Jason Momoa starring.
- Matt Damon and Simon Baker were considered for the Aquaman before Jason Momoa was cast.
- Aquaman's suit was supposed to be a surprise in 2016. Instead, Zack Snyder released the photo of Momoa wearing the Aquaman suit in February of 2015. Snyder called Momoa moments before it's release to the world.
- Jason Momoa publicly expressed interest in wanting Zack Snyder to direct.
- Leonardo DiCaprio was going to produce the film from his production company.
- James Wan's third non horror film and first superhero film.
- The film is based on Geoff Johns's 2011 "Aquaman" comic.
- Jeff Nichols and Noam Murro were considered for the director's job.
- James Cameron directs "Aquaman" on the HBO TV hit series Entourage.
- Jason Momoa (Aquaman) also starred in the TV show Stargate Atlantis.
- The fictional character/movie star, Vincent Chase (played by Adrian Grenier), of the HBO television show Entourage, was cast as Aquaman in the show's 2006 Season 3. James Cameron made a few cameos, as himself in the show, as the director. In the show, Vincent Chase began to have doubts of the role, after he sees the green and purple suit the producers were going to use, which very was close to the comic book suit.
- One rumor was saying that Mera was gong to be non-Caucasian to match up with Jason Momoa's mixed race status who's part Native Hawaiian/German, Irish, Native American, but rumors were put to rest when Amber Heard was casted.
- Willem Dafoe was originally going to be introduced as Nuidis Vulko in Justice League, but his scenes were cut.
Promotion, Concept Art and FilmingEdit
- ↑ 
- ↑ Leo on Aquaman?
- ↑ Aquaman Movie Hooks Two Writers
- ↑ DC Comics Movies Announced: ‘Suicide Squad,’ ‘Wonder Woman,’ ‘Justice League,’ ‘The Flash,’ ‘Aquaman’
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: A New Director Emerges for 'Aquaman'
- ↑ 'Furious 7' Director James Wan Eyed for 'Aquaman' (Exclusive)
- ↑ James Wan Sets 'Aquaman' Deal To Direct Jason Momoa In DC Warners Pic
- ↑ 'Aquaman' Hooks New Writer (Exclusive)
- ↑ Amber Heard in Talks for ‘Aquaman’ Female Lead (Exclusive)
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: Amber Heard Confirms Her 'Aquaman' Role in 'Justice League', Dishes on 'Interesting' Mera Costume
- ↑ The Great Comic-Book Movie Debate
- ↑ James Wan Talks ‘Aquaman’ Sea Monsters and More [Wondercon]
- ↑ Wan On ‘The Conjuring 2’ And Choosing Between Directing Aquaman Or The Flash
- ↑ 'Aquaman' Movie Hooks 'Gangster Squad' Writer (Exclusive)
- ↑ ‘Aquaman’ Villain Revealed (Exclusive)
- ↑ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/amber-heard-coming-back-to-australia-for-an-extended-stay-to-film-aquaman/news-story/2e78b76e5a7006ca8fe7adbb28c48357
|DC Extended Universe|
|Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | The Flash | Aquaman | Shazam! | Justice League: Part Two | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps|